- Go to the most current issue of Fortune Magazine’s which has the list of the “Best Businesses for Which to Work.”
- Select a company that has adequate resources in the CTC library from which you can research those human relations techniques which make the company a great place to work.
- Write a 1500-word paper about those human relations techniques which make the company a great place to work.
- The opening section must be a brief history of the company.
- The content of the paper must be developed around any four (4) of the following areas listed below:
- Human Relations Theories Used at the Business
- Team Building Practices
- Motivational Practices
- Productivity and Quality Improvement Programs
- Job Design and Job Enrichment Efforts
- Leadership Theories Used in the Company and the Leaders
- Communication Within the Company
- Decision-Making Practices
- Culture of the Company.
- There must be at least six sources (You certainly can have more). Sources of information can be books and magazine articles (preferred by the instructor) by authoritative writers or researchers.
- You may use your textbook as one source.
- Wikipedia and encyclopedias are not acceptable sources.
- One of your sources can be the website of the business about which you choose to write. This only counts for one source. All other online sources must be through the CTC Library.
- Materials from sources must be cited or designated using Modern Language Association (MLA) standards.
- Online sources can only be those from the Central Texas College Library.
The writing format must be one acceptable to the CTC English Department. Excellent research paper examples may be found in the MLA Style folder found on this page. When in doubt, follow MLA standards. Students should write on a college level. Spelling and punctuation should be perfect.
Plagiarism is strictly prohibited to include using an assignment you previously submitted in another class for credit in this class. A student can be dismissed from the college for plagiarism. You must cite all words and ideas that are not your own. For more specific information about plagiarism see the Scholastic Honesty folder in the Course Menu.
View the instructions about creating and titling your paper in the assignment instructions below.
When the window for submitting the Research Paper opens, you will submit the paper through SafeAssign. This will check your paper for plagiarism. Any words quoted verbatim, any ideas that are not your own, and any opinions not your own must be cited. You must give the sources of these words, ideas, opinions full credit. Use quotation marks around the words that are quoted. Otherwise, you are committing scholastic dishonesty and can be a reason for dismissal from the college.
An outline to be followed in the presentation of the research effort.
Plan to use the Online Tutor which is provided at no charge to the student. Check on the announcements for the Writing Lab!
I. Cover Page (Is not included in the word count)
II. Outline of each section (Is not included in the word count)
III. Introduction of Research Topic (including a brief history of the company)
IV. Areas Covered (any 4 or more of the nine above can be used)
VI. Works Cited (Is not included in the word count)
Keep a copy of your research paper for four weeks after the course ends. This paper is not a cut and paste exercise.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."