Trailer. Embed the trailer of the movie in your post. If you cannot find the trailer, it’s okay to analyze that movie, but you need to indicate that you couldn’t find a trailer in your post. For the most part, you should be able to find trailers on YouTube. Instructions below.
2. Analysis. Write up a short analysis, minimum of 250 words. Rather than focusing on the film’s historical accuracy, you should examine the possible meanings generated by the film through its themes, characters, and perspectives as they relate to women’s history. You may use the questions below to help you think through your analysis. You don’t have to answer every question, but rather use these questions to guide your analysis.
3. Peer review. Comment on and suggest a grade for another student’s movie analysis by one week after the initial due date. Instructions below about how to complete the peer review.
Questions to consider for the analysis:
- What issues does the event or person represented in the film raise about the place of women, gender and sexuality in U.S. history?
- How are these issues represented in the film?
- What are key scenes from the film where these issues are most apparent?
- How does the film address race, class, and sexuality as well as gender?
- How does the film challenge, limit or transform your thinking about the historical events themes, and/or person(s) raised in the film?
- When was the movie released, and how does the movie relate to its specific historical context?
- Try to assess the intent of the movie: do you think it was successful?
- Who directed and/or write the movie, and what’s their social identity (gender, race, etc.)? Do you think this impacts its message?
- Does the movie feel empowering? Why or why not?
- Last, but certainly not least, what criticisms do you have of the way the movie portrays women
- Erin Brockavich (2000) about a white woman who fights environmental injustices
- Selena, about the chicana singer
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."