Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the following articles:
- A Profile in Population Health Management: The Sandra Eskenazi Center for Brain Care Innovation: This Care Model Emphasizes Social, Behavioral, and Environmental Determinants of Health When Treating DementiaLinks to an external site.
- Accounting for Accountable Care: Value-Based Population Health ManagementLinks to an external site.
- How Executives’ Expectations and Experiences Shape Population Health Management StrategiesLinks to an external site.
Watch the following video:
After the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, health care organizations have been faced with significant challenges in providing quality care to all Americans. HealthyPeople.gov
also encourages health care organizations to focus on the relevance of social determinants and health status.
Take on the role of the administrator of a community hospital in your area. You would like to implement a strategic plan to improve the health status of your community. Select a vulnerable population in your area affected by a disease or condition. Examples include aging, COVID-19, diabetes, Ebola, heart disease, opioid epidemics, Zikavirus, and so on. Write a three- to five-page paper that details your strategic plan.
In your paper, you take on the role of the administrator of a community hospital in your area and address the following:
- Describe the population, including demographics and risk factors that determine health in this population.
- Explain the disease or condition prevalent in this population.
- Identify access and barriers to health care and treatment options for this population, including local, state, and federal policies regulating control and prevention of your selected disease or condition in this population.
- Propose at least three strategies to improve the health of the selected population.
- Develop at least three key indicators to measure the success of your proposed population health management.
- Support your response with a minimum of three scholarly sources that were published in the last 5 years.
The Population Health Management:
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages and formatted according APA
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least three scholarly or peer-reviewed sources published in the past 5 years.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."