Bardsley, M. (2017). Learning how to make routinely available data useful in guiding regulatory oversight of hospital care. BMJ Quality & Safety, 26(2), 90.
Chazal, R. A., & Houser, S. (2016). The ACC and AHA. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 68(24), 2708-2709.
Hut-Mossel, L., Welker, G., Ahaus, K., & Gans, R. (2017). Understanding how and why audits work: Protocol for a realist review of audit programmes to improve hospital care. BMJ Open, 7(6)
Knopf, A. (2016). 10 steps to prepare for accreditation. Behavioral Healthcare, 36(4), 24-25.
Knopf, A. (2016). Examine the trends in accreditation. Behavioral Healthcare, 36(4), 22-25.
Ornstein, C. (2017). Secret data on hospital inspections may soon become public. Washington: NPR.
Science; Study results from university hospital update understanding of quality control science (ISO 15189-accredited laboratories fulfill the JCI hospital accreditation standard requirements for the use of referral laboratories: Report of a consensus …). (2016). Science Letter, 1413.
The importance of avoiding denial of accreditation. (2016). Briefings on Accreditation and Quality, 27(9), 1-4.
The Joint Commission introduces revised pain assessment and management standard for accredited hospitals. (2017). Professional Services Close – Up.
Wickersham, M. E., & Basey, S. (2016). Is accreditation sufficient? A case study and argument for transparency when government regulatory authority is delegated. Journal of Health and Human Services Administration, 39(2), 245-282.
ASSIGNMENT: After carefully reading the Module background materials, please answer the following questions in a 4- to 6-page paper:
- Some say that the accreditation process is a ritual that has no true value. Some say that it is a very costly affair, and that it does not truly describe a hospital’s quality level.
- Where lies the truth?
- Is it worth it?
- Do the advantages of being accredited outweigh the costs and efforts?
- Is accreditation necessary for quality care?
- If you were a hospital administrator, what standards do you think would be important to earn your facility accreditation?
- Please outline your points, and then explain them with your own added insight.
- You must cite peer-reviewed sources and materials from the background readings in your paper.
- APA Format
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."