Research a manufacturing organization of your choice, and describe its strategic manufacturing policy. (Note: You may choose a private-sector or public-sector organization; however, more information will be available for a private-sector, publicly traded company). Your description should consider long-term issues (1–5 years), and include a discussion of the following topics:
- Products or services
- Markets and customers
- Suppliers, vendors, and supply chain partners
- Facilities (e.g., plants, distribution centers, and so on)
Describe the following characteristics to be included in the strategic planning process:
- Alignment of manufacturing strategy with corporate/business-level strategy
- Product/process alternatives (make-to stock, make-to order, etc.)
- Inventory policies (service levels, order quantity/frequency, etc.)
- Capacity planning alternatives (chase, level, etc.)
- Long-range forecasting techniques (quantitative and qualitative)
- Make or buy decisions (outsourcing, etc.)
- Interfaces/coordination with other business functions (marketing, etc.)
- Initiatives to improve operations (continuous improvement, lean/agile, TOC, etc.)
- Metrics to measure manufacturing performance
- Other metrics
Finally, what manufacturing strategy improvements would you suggest for this organization?
Prepare a research paper of 8–10 pages (excluding title page, abstract, references page, and appendices) in APA format presenting the items listed above. A minimum of five (5) peer-reviewed academic or professional references must be used in the paper.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."