Project Assignment: Personal Ethics Statement (Workplace Ethics)
$$$ Please Review the Attached rubric to make sure and understand the criteria for earning grade. $$$
During the course of your graduate program of study, you will be introduced to many business disciplines requiring many types of insight and decisions. Listening to the words of many different people who speak the different languages of their discipline and their culture will be necessary. As we listen and make business decisions, our moral and ethical foundation must be preeminent. Developing a personal ethical statement is the first step in making ethical decisions.
Throughout this course, you will be working on the various components of your personal ethics framework. These pre-writing assessments and assignments will help you measure performance with respect to important ethical behaviors, skills, or concepts discussed throughout the course. This assignment will help you identify behaviors and qualities that contribute to ethical work environments and will help you to identify the related behaviors you want as part of your ethical framework.
These pre-writing assignments are essential to your final paper due in Workshop Six.
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
- Evaluate one’s personal ethical standards and create a personal/professional framework to guide decision making compatible with a Christian world-view.
- Textbook: Meeting the Ethical Challenge of Leadership
- Article: Workplace Helping: Interactive Effects of Personality and Momentary Positive Affect
“Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Read Chapter 5 in Meeting the Ethical Challenge of Leadership.
- In your textbook, locate and complete Self-Assessment 5.2: The Self Report Altruism Scale (completed assessment will be used to answer 3a. but will not be submitted as part of the assignment).
- With clear, insightful critical thinking, reflect and answer the following questions:
a. What does your score on the Self-Assessment 5.2 reveal about your willingness to help others?
b. Reflect on the article Workplace Helping: Interactive Effects of Personality and Momentary Positive Affect. (https://orgscience.uncc.edu/sites/orgscience.uncc.edu/files/media/Conway%20et%20al.%20-%202009%20-%20Workplace%20Helping%20Interactive%20Effects%20of%20Personal.pdf)Have you experienced an emotional change after helping someone? If you had a positive emotional affect did this encourage you to act this way again?
c. How can you engage in more altruistic behavior?
d. Explain whether you believe your identified changes in behavior impact the work ethics of others.
- Your reflection should be at least one full page in length. Be sure to include your name on the paper and use proper grammar and spelling. Remember the work you do here will benefit you in completing your final paper in Workshop Six.
- When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself (name your assignment “LastName_Ethics_WorkEthics”) and submit a copy to your instructor by the end of the workshop.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."