For years, the merits of globalization and diversity of cultures and races created challenges for government administrations, requiring them to develop new policies adapting to the emerging conditions and challenges. On August 7, 2018, President Trump imposed strict sanctions on Iran. It is the reversal of the nuclear agreement of former President Obama. The sanctions declare that Iran is not allowed to trade in gold and precious metals, no sales should be conducted to or from Iran of graphite or metals such as aluminum and steel, and no purchase of U.S. dollar banknotes are permitted. Additionally, Iran is not allowed to purchase U.S. passenger planes, and tariffs are imposed on Iran’s automotive sector. Also, the U.S. will no longer allow the import of Iranian carpets and foods. More sanctions involving the oil business will follow in November 2018 (Ward, 2018). Using this example and others from current events, consider the opposition to the globalization of trade and the integration of the world’s economy.
Prepare a critical written assessment of the merits of globalization from a public administration perspective. Be sure to include the following:
- Select any world organization you are interested in – the World Trade Organization (WTO), the United Nations (UN), or the European Union (EU) are good examples, but you may choose any non-private world organization.
- Assess two major arguments, each for and against, globalization efforts as implemented by your chosen organization.
- Analyze the empirical findings on the topics and provide evidence to strengthen your argument.
- Evaluate the concepts of ethics, policy making, budgeting, and management of resources as related to your two chosen globalization efforts.
- Explain your position in a logical and clear manner and provide examples to support your findings.
Support your assignment with at least seven scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including seminal articles, may be included.
Length: 12-15 pages, not including title and reference pages
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."