Please review the Discussion Board participation grading rubric in your Course Resources area. This is important information that will ensure that you earn maximum points. An important point to note is that the final paper contains specific instructions for completion that you may or may not include in your summary response to this discussion. Your professionally researched and written APA-compliant postings, using appropriate sources, should provide substantive depth that advances the discussion. Please edit your posts for grammatical errors before you post. Be sure to review the requirements for each week’s discussion topic(s).
In your individual assignment for this week, you will take a learning journey to understand the role of market research by learning from a market research subject matter expert (SME) and incorporating the results of this interview into the learning goals you have set for yourself on this topic. By talking with those who do market research work as their primary occupation or as part of their daily business responsibilities, you will learn about the methods they use, how they measure success, and other important information that you can apply in the marketplace simulation. Be sure to ask your SME if it is OK to contact them again if you have some follow-up questions for them based on peer feedback.
Sharing what you have learned from the interview with the expert contributes to team learning, which is one of the five disciplines that contribute to a learning organization (Senge, 1990). For the Discussion post, contribute to the team learning by presenting the highlights of your paper and discussing with your peers the results of this journey. Please post the results of your individual assignment in draft form to the Discussion Board by Saturday night (attached in a Microsoft® Word® document) or pasted into the Discussion Board to give others the chance to read your entire work if they would like more information in addition to your highlights. Please be sure to review the rubric for the final draft to be turned in on Tuesday. There is additional information required for the paper.
Here are some ideas for identifying a market research professional or company that you can include in your post that others can learn from and incorporate into future learning journeys.
Main Response: Be sure to answer these questions in your main response in addition to posting the draft of your paper.
- How did you find your subject matter expert (SME)? Discuss any difficulties and how you overcame them.
- As you asked your SME questions about the areas you wanted to learn more about, what were the important points or areas of greatest learning for you? Were there any surprises?
- Did the interview results provide any new ideas for you to explore?
- What links were you able to see between the information you gathered and the marketing research information provided for you in the simulation?
Example Responses to Peers to Increase Discussion Success
Comment on at least two of your peers’ postings in accordance with the university’s guidelines. The focus of your feedback should be to:
- Help your peers gain an even greater understanding of market research and how it can be used to increase company success. Ask thought-provoking questions about what you have read so your peers can do a bit of additional reflection and possible research.
- Identify any writing or APA errors that can help improve the overall quality of the paper.
Your final submission with any new learning gained from peer feedback is due to the Dropbox by Tuesday night. Review the rubric to be sure you understand the assignment requirements.
Senge, P. M. (1990). The fifth discipline: the art and practice of the learning organization. New York, NY: Doubleday/Currency.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."