In this course, you are required to complete a research paper about one of the topics of your choice discussed in the course.
Review the topics in the course and choose a topic to focus your research paper on. Some suggestions include:
- Pharmacological treatment for substance use disorders
- The history of the increase in opiate addiction
- Opiate replacement treatment approaches
- Detoxification from alcohol and opiates
- The psychopharmacology of methamphetamines
For this week, select a topic and compile a list of references that you will use to support the content of your “Research Paper” assignment due in Topic 7. A minimum of six scholarly sources are required.
In a Word document, list the sources you selected and provide a short description of 75-100 words for each source. Also, describe the relevance as to why you selected the source, and how it will support your paper.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Refer to the resource, “Preparing Annotated Bibliographies,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
3) Describe the behavioral, psychological, physical health, and social effects of psychoactive drugs, including alcohol and tobacco, on the consumer and significant others.
9) Understand the established diagnostic criteria for substance dependence and abuse, and describe treatment modalities and placement criteria within the continuum of care.
14) Be familiar with medical and pharmaceutical resources in the treatment of addictive disease and other substance-related disorders.
16) Recognize that crisis may indicate an underlying substance abuse problem, and may represent a window of opportunity for change.
103) Describe warning signs, symptoms, and the course of addictions.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."