Organizational Social Responsibility: Human Resource Management’s Response
Prior to beginning work on this discussion,
- Read Chapter 18 Applied Psychology in Talent Management. (attached below)
- View the video The Social Responsibility of Business | Alex Edmans | TEDxLondonBusinessSchool (Links to an external site.)
In the video, Alex Edmans asks “Why do businesses exist, to earn profit (shareholders) or to serve a purpose to society (customer, employee, and environment).” Address the following:
- Explain what answer he came to and why.
- Next, discuss the approach human resource management should take toward organizational social responsibility.
- Finally, cite one real-life example of a company implementing social responsibility that is not mentioned in the video or the course textbook. Be sure to be factual and to fully support your answer.
Your initial response should be a minimum of 220 words in APA format.
CITED: Cascio, W. F., & Aguinis, H. (2019). Applied psychology in talent management (8th ed.). Retrieved from https://www.vitalsource.com
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."