In Final Project Milestone 1, you first give us some general information about your city, Germantown maryland then select the museum’s focus. Then, you apply a wider, global lens to that choice.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the “Final Project Summary” document in the Week 1 Learning Resources area.
- Review the resources you chose using the guidelines provided in the “Student Contributed Resource Worksheet” document in this week’s Learning Resources area for applicability to this Assignment.
By Day 7
Write a 300-word proposal in which you do each of the following:
- Offer a brief description of your city and its residents (geographical location, size, a breakdown of ethnicities & classes, major employers etc.)
- Decide on your museum’s focus (Industry and Commerce, History, Science and Technology, or Arts and Culture) and describe concrete ways in which this focus is evident in or important to your city.
- Explain how the focus you chose answers the needs of or represents the citizens of your city.
- Describe how this focus is appealing to visitors from outside your city.
In order to receive full credit, all Assignments are due on time. Should you encounter an unanticipated and uncontrollable life event that may prevent you from meeting an Assignment deadline, contact the Instructor immediately to request an extension. Your Instructor’s contact information is in the Contact the Instructor area in the course navigation menu. For a full description of the late policy, please refer to the “Policies on Late Assignments” section of your Syllabus.
Final Project Summary A City Museum Great cities are often known for great museums that are devoted to many subjects. Paris, France, has the Musée du Louvre; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil has the Museu Histórico Nacional; and Chicago, Illinois, has the Museum of Science and Industry. For your Final Project, imagine that you have been chosen as the director of a new museum dedicated to your city. Note: If you do not live in a city, focus on the place you live or on a city that you know about. Milestone One – Due in Week Two MUSEUM FOCUS The local government has decided to build a museum devoted to your city. However, the city officials would like to focus the museum on a singular theme or perspective. The members have narrowed the choice of themes to the following four: o Industry and Commerce o History and Natural History o Science and Technology o Arts and Culture To Complete this Milestone you are to: 1.Offer a brief description of your city and its residents (geographical location, size, a breakdown of ethnicities & classes, major employers etc.) 2.Decide on your museum’s focus (Industry and Commerce, History, Science and Technology, or Arts and Culture). Describe concrete ways in which this focus is evident in or important to your city. 3.Explain how the focus you chose answers the needs of or represents the citizens of your city. 4. Describe how this focus is appealing to visitors from outside your city
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."