Reflection and Discussion Forum Week 5Assigned Readings:Chapter 11: Resource PlanningChapter 12: Budget PlanningInitial Postings: Read and reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Then post what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding in each assigned textbook chapter.Your initial post should be based upon the assigned reading for the week, so the textbook should be a source listed in your reference section and cited within the body of the text. Other sources are not required but feel free to use them if they aid in your discussion.Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- How would a cost management plan address the challenges of managing project costs within the internal financial procedures and accounting codes of an organization?
- What benefits do budgeting processes bring to projects, and what weaknesses do they possess?
[Your post must be substantive and demonstrate insight gained from the course material. Postings must be in the student’s own words – do not provide quotes!] [Your initial post should be at least 450+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced). Post the actual body of your paper in the discussion thread then attach a Word version of the paper for APA review]
Earned-value analysis. A project budget calls for the following expenditures:TaskDateBudgeted AmountBuild formsApril 1$10,000Pour foundationApril 1$50,000May 1$100,000Frame wallsMay 1$30,000June 1$30,000Remaining tasksJuly 1 and beyond$500,000
Define each term in your own words, calculate these values for the above project, and show your work:
- Budgeted cost baseline (make a graph illustrating this one)
- Budget at completion (BAC)
- Planned value (PV) as of May 1
- Earned value (EV) as of May 1 if the foundation work is only two-thirds complete. Everything else is on schedule.
- SV as of May 1.
- Actual cost as of May 1 is $160,000. Calculate the cost variance (CV) as of May 1.
- Schedule performance index (SPI)
- Cost performance index (CPI)
- Estimate to complete (ETC), assuming that the previous cost variances will not affect future costs
- Estimate at completion (EAC)
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."