This competency assessment assesses the following Outcome(s):
HA425-4: Given local, state, and national policies, create a new systems approach for a healthcare facility that meets patients’ needs, priorities, and expectations.
GEL-8.02: Apply Critical Thinking to use principles of sound reasoning.
PC-4.1: Assess the value of multiculturalism and diversity in a global environment.
Minority, marginalized and vulnerable populations have been known to face more challenges accessing quality healthcare. In this Assignment, you will explore how a systems approach to coordinating care can help meet the needs of these populations.
Create a PowerPoint presentation with at least eight (8) slides of content that you can use to inform your organization about the challenges faced by underserved populations in the community.
- Choose a minority, marginalized, or vulnerable population.
- Describe at least two challenges they face with accessing and moving through the healthcare system (uninsured, underinsured, low literacy, language barrier, etc.).
- Discuss how a systems approach to proper care coordination would positively impact the challenges you identified.
- Describe how this approach will meet the patients’ needs, priorities, and expectations.
- How can raising the standard of care for underserved populations affect the health care system as a whole?
Minimum Submission Requirements
- Proper notification of any resubmission, repurposing, or reworking of prior work per the Purdue Global Student Coursework Resubmission, Repurposing, and Reworking Policy Resource.
- Your submission is composed in a Microsoft Word document.
- To meet the objective requirements, your response is at least 500 words in length.
- Your submission includes specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements to demonstrate mastery of the objective.
- Your submission includes a highly developed viewpoint and purpose.
- Your response is in Standard English and demonstrates superior organization.
- Your communication is highly ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Your submission displays exceptional content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- A separate page at the end of your response contains a list of references.
- Include both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources used following proper APA citation style.
- Please review the APA formatting and citation style in Academic Tools – Academic Writer.
If the work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned for revision. If the work submitted does not meet the minimum submission requirements by the end of the term, you will receive a failing score.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University’s Code of Student Conduct, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.
For more information on plagiarism and the University’s Code of Student Conduct, refer to the current University Catalog.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."