Complete the following:
- Evaluate one of the sleep disorders covered this week.
- Explain theories of etiology (causation), including the neuroanatomical structures, neurotransmitter/receptor systems, and the functional nervous system (neural) pathways involved.
- Include an analysis of the contribution of genetics, environment, and lifestyle to the development and natural history of the condition.
- Provide information regarding diagnostic criteria and evaluate options for care interventions (both pharmacological and nonpharmacological).
- Be sure to identify the neuroanatomical structures and any neurotransmitter/receptor systems involved.
- Also in your discussion, imagine you are in a career position that utilizes a degree in psychology, including but not limited to that of a social worker, teacher or teacher’s aide, child care worker, psychiatric technician or other behavioral health staff, peer support specialist, social service specialist, probation or parole officer, case manager, or counselor.
- How would your knowledge of the neurobiology of sleep disorders or disorders of consciousness help you in your professional life?
- Would you be able to better assist your clients, students, or patients with this knowledge?
You must use a minimum of one peer-reviewed and/or scholarly source that was published within the last five years, documented in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Your post should be a minimum of 250 words. You may cite and reference your textbook, required or recommended reading, or multimedia, but these will not fulfill the source requirement.
Make sure to use terminology from the DSM-5 for psychological/behavioral health conditions and current terminology from professional sources for neurological conditions. Please be sure to access the DSM-5 directly in our library. For further information view The DSM-5: Accessing and Using the DSM-5 in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library (Links to an external site.) screencast on how to access and use this resource, and how to cite and reference the DSM-5.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."