The goal of the project is to implement a “prototype” database system application and ERD diagram for an eCommerce social-network system called UCOnline where users can explore information about books/music/software, rate your purchase, identify purchase price and see ratings of their friends.
The project will require you to complete the assignment as a group. You will compete the assignment in the same groups you are to complete your Database Research Papers
Below you will find the ERD deliverable requirements. There are two parts to the assignment. You must create a diagram using a diagramming tool AND provide a written text-based document explaining your relationship mapping (systems analysis use case document). The assignment is worth 200 points. See rubric for grading scheme.
BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS ACROSS ALL ASSIGNMENTS
- You will work with book/music/media information, user information, ratings of books, and users’ social network
- Each book has an id, title, publication date, publisher, ISBN, functional category, page count, price (publisher), and product description
- There are 3 categories of book: fiction, non-fiction, and specialty
- There are 2 categories of music: digital and media-based
- An author can write one or more books.
- A musician can be a solo artist, part of a group, or both
- An author can also be associated with one or more publishers.
- A musician/group/act can be associated with one or more record labels (consider this a possible type of publisher)
- An author’s book can have one or more editions.
- A song and or album can have more than one version/edition (i.e. EP, LP, CD, DVD etc)
- A publisher can have many authors and many books.
- A record company can have many artists associated and many albums associated with it.
- A record company can also be the publishing company (i.e. self-publishing – i.e. think Amazon)
- Many ISBNs can also be associated with a given publisher but only one ISBN per form of medium (i.e. the ISBN is the PK no matter what).
- An author can write many books.
- An artist can write many songs, albums etc.
- UCOnline needs to keep track of user ratings for each item sold in the online store (e.g., 1-5 and 1 for ‘Dislike’, to 5, for ‘Awesome!’).
- A particular user rates a particular item at a given time.
- A user CANNOT rate the same item multiple times unless there are multiple editions of the item.
- Each edition can be rated separately.
- Each user who submits a rating will be identified by a unique id and has a name, gender, age, and location. Nothing is anonymous.
For this assignment, you are to create the ERD diagram as well as a working database in either Azure SQL, Google Cloud Platform (Spanner or MySQL), or AWS (pick your version). You can get a free student license up for any of these vendors.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."