Probability is about mathematically determining how likely an event is to happen. Probability can be applied to many different aspects of our lives and help us make informed decisions.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- Discuss the concept of probability, including the notion of an experiment, outcomes, and sample space. How can each of these be useful to us?
- Describe an example from your own personal or professional experiences where you are focused on obtaining a specific, desired outcome. Evaluate what the ideal experiment, outcome, and sample space are for that situation.
First, refer to the Tracks and Topics for the Final Project document attached and select a track and a topic within that track that you would like to focus your final project on. Choose your track and topic thoughtfully as you will not be able to switch your track and topic once chosen.
Next, analyze one of the articles within the tracks, which will provide practice for your literature review. When you complete your literature review, you will be addressing more specific elements. These questions are the first thing to think about when beginning a literature review. Keep in mind that these questions are practice and preparation for the more detailed literature review elements to come.
- What is the title of the article? Provide a citation for the article in APA format.
- What is the purpose of the article?
- What is the hypothesis of the study? In other words, what claims do the authors make in the article?
- What variables (factors) are being looked at as an influence on social thinking?
- If these variables or the relationship between these variables have been studied before, what does the article indicate about the findings of previous studies? This shows historical significance.
- Describe the research design that was used in the study.
- Do you think the research in this article was conducted in an ethical manner? Why or why not?
Each question requires an answer in one to three sentences, although you can write more if needed. This should result in a journal assignment that is around one page in length. Be sure to cite directly from the sample article to support your answers.
First, read the article Overview of Psychology Research Methods. As you read, keep in mind a type of research design that may be useful to explore further based on the track and topic of social psychology you have chosen to study for your final project. Next, consider how the research you will conduct may support further exploration of the topic and, in your initial post to the discussion, address the following:
- Based on the track and topic of social psychology you have chosen to study for your final project, what research designs can you predict might be appropriate for you to investigate further?
- Do you foresee any issues of ethics in any research design you might use?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."