Matthew 5:13-16 ESV
You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
1 Peter 2:12 ESV
Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation.
Proverbs 15:1 ESV
A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
The key question this week is about the Virtuous Business Model in the workplace which is very important. We do spend more waking hours at work than any other place and probably have contact with a greater number of people through work. But what about outside of work? Jesus understood people and was a master of influence and he was always “on.” He tried to retreat to the garden and hills to pray yet even then he was watched. We may not be watched as closely as He was however we see in our news feeds every day that there is someone with a cell phone almost every place, and anything we say or do could be on the Net in a matter of seconds.
Question for discussion:1
Questions to Ponder and Respond to:
- Is there a different standard of behavior at work vs not at work?
- How can we take the message of these three verses and the Virtuous Business Model and use them while we are away from work?
- What is your favorite verse that reminds you about your non-work life and behavior?
Consider how your contributions to this discussion will demonstrate critical thinking. This Critical Thinking Skills website can help you.
- Read and review the content resources.
- Your posts must include at least one reference from the course textbook and at least one credible journal article for a minimum of two references. Credible sources are generally scholarly and peer-reviewed. Research through IWU’s Off Campus Library Resources (OCLS) is strongly recommended.
Write an initial response to the following key question:
How are critical questions structured?
2. Course text book: Marketing Strategy: A Decision-Focused Approach, 8th edition.
Attached additional resources also for this week.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."