“Bipolar and Related Disorders”
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
Chapter 23, “Emergency Psychiatric Medicine” (pp. 785–790)
Chapter 31, “Child Psychiatry” (pp. 1226–1253)
Note: All Stahl resources can be accessed through the Walden Library using the link. This link will take you to a login page for the Walden Library. Once you log in to the library, the Stahl website will appear.
- Compare treatment of adult psychiatric emergency clients to child or adolescent psychiatric emergency clients
- Analyze legal and ethical issues concerning treatment of child or adolescent psychiatric emergency clients
- Review the Learning Resources concerning emergency psychiatric medicine.
- Consider a case where an adult client had a psychiatric emergency. If you have not had a personal experience with an adult client who had a psychiatric emergency, you can conduct an internet or library search to identify one.
- Briefly describe the case you selected.
- Explain how you would treat the client differently if he or she were a child or adolescent.
- Explain any legal or ethical issues you would have to consider when working with a child or adolescent emergency case.
Provide a minimum of three academic references no more than five years old .
Support your approach with evidence-based literature in APA Format and proper citation, including introduction and conclusion.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."