CS212M4-4: Apply logical reasoning to address issues in professionalism.
GEL-7.02: Apply ethical reasoning to ethical issues within your field of study.
Professional Code of Ethics Analysis
Your task is to write a 1- to 2-page paper (double spaced) that identifies, summarizes, and applies a published code of ethics for your profession.
Using the internet and the PG Library, locate an industry organization’s code of ethics. For example, the American Marketing Association, American Psychological Association, and the American Medical Association all have extensive codes of ethics. An excellent source is the Ethics Code Collection.
Once you have located and examined the code, summarize the main points of the code. Provide an example of an ethical decision or issue that may arise in your profession. Explain how the code of ethics could be used to provide guidance regarding the decision or issue. Conclude your paper with an explanation regarding the importance and benefits of codes of ethics.
- Identify a professional code of ethics for your profession.
- Summarize the main points of the code.
- Demonstrate how the code of ethics can be applied to a specific ethical issue that could arise in that field.
- Explain the benefit of codes of ethics.
- Demonstrate consistency of your clearly established viewpoint throughout the paper and a clear logical flow as you apply ethical reasoning.
- Make sure your writing is original and insightful.
- Paper must be 1–2 pages in length, double spaced, in correct APA format using Times New Roman or Arial font size 12.
- Paper must include a title page and a reference page that includes references for the code of ethics and any other sources used.
- Paper must adhere to Standard English with correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
For help with APA formatting and writing, visit the Academic Writer and Academic Success Center links located in Academic Tools.
Put your assignment in a Word document. Save it in a location and with a name that will help your instructor identify the assignment, the course, and you, the student. Submit your document to the Competency Assessment Dropbox.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- Proper notification of any resubmission, repurposing, or reworking of prior work per the Purdue Global Student Coursework Resubmission, Repurposing, and Reworking Policy Resource.
- This assessment should be a Microsoft Word document (minimum 1 page in addition to the title and reference pages).
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to include references for all sources and to cite them using in-text citations where appropriate. Your sources and content should follow current APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a title page
- contain 1-2 pages of content
- include a reference page
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font; and
- be free of spelling or punctuation errors.
If the work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned for revision. If the work submitted does not meet the minimum submission requirements by the end of the term, you will receive a failing score.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University’s Code of Student Conduct, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."