Chapter Review: Exercise 1.1
3. What are some flawed assumptions about workplace com-munication? What is the reality for each myth? (LO 1-2)
4. What are the costs of communication? (LO 1-3)
5. What are the costs of poor communication? (LO 1-4)
6. What are the basic criteria for effective messages? (LO 1-5)
7. What role do conventions play in business communica-tion? (LO 1-6)”
8. What are some positive ethical efforts that are getting attention? (LO 1-7)
“Summary by Learning Objectives”
“O 1-3 -What the costs of communication are. Common communication costs include writing time, document cycling, printing, mailing, and electronic stor-age of copies.
LO 1-4 what the costs of poor communication are. Poor writing wastes time, wastes effort, and jeopardizes goodwill.
LO 1-5 what the basic criteria for effective messages are. Good business and administrative writing meets five basic criteria: it’s clear, complete, and correct; it saves the reader’s time; and it builds goodwill.
LO 1-6 what role conventions play in business communication? Common business communications have conventions, as do organizations. Business communicators need to know how to adjust conventions to fit a particular audience, context, and purpose.”
LO 1-7″Why ethics are so important in business communication. The economic news continues to create concern over lapses in business ethics. On the other hand, positive ethi-cal efforts also are increasing.
LO 1-8 how corporate culture impacts the business environment. Corporate cultures range from informal to formal and impact such widely diverse areas as worker performance and sales”
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."