By now, you should have uploaded three required elements to your Diversity Portfolio: your Who I Am video (Week 1), Statement of Anti-Racist Social Work Practice (Week 3), and Intersectionality Case Analysis (Week 7). The final required element is the Diversity Activity Presentation.
Cultural competence and cultural humility require lifelong learning and critical self-reflection. To be both culturally competent and humble, social workers must continue to learn about oppressed populations and challenge their normal way of thinking and viewing the world, to absorb others’ experiences and cultures. Recall the Week 2 Journal in which you identified a population of interest to you—perhaps one that you knew little about, or one that sparked discomfort.
For this Assignment, you enhance your knowledge of and exposure to that group by participating in a related cultural event, activity, or interview. You then create a PowerPoint presentation about this experience in which you reflect and analyze related concepts in the course.
- Recall Week 2, in which you identified a population that prompted discomfort or a desire to learn more. Select one of the following activities related to that population: attend a cultural event, conduct an interview with a member of this population, attend a social work diversity discussion, or engage in safe zone training. As a guest at this experience, remember to take a stance of cultural humility and participate respectfully.
- Afterward, reflect on the activity and to what extent the experience has influenced your perceptions of the population and diversity in general.
By Day 7
Prepare a narrated PowerPoint presentation on the diversity activity in which you participated. The presentation should be 5–7 slides in length (including the title and reference slides). In the presentation, be sure to:
- Describe the activity and the associated population.
- Explain how the activity has influenced your understanding, bias, or comfort level in working with the identified population.
- More generally, explain how the activity has influenced your perceptions of diversity and difference.
- Analyze at least three key concepts from this course in relation to this experience.
The PowerPoint should present bulleted text on the slides with a full transcript of the presentation in the notes section. Please use the Learning Resources to support your presentation. Include citations and a Reference slide to document the sources you have used.
Note: In addition to submitting the Presentation here, upload it to your Diversity Portfolio.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."