As the most recent reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), the Every Student Success Act (ESSA) continues a focus on student learning, equitable opportunities for student success, qualified and effective teachers and principals, and accountability of states and local schools. In comparison to previous federal legislation for K-12 education, the ESSA focuses on local flexibility for supporting underachieving schools and state requirements for multiple measures of student success. In this assignment, you will analyze the components of ESSA and compare it to previous reauthorizations of ESEA.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Write a paper (1,000-1,250 words) that analyzes the components of ESSA and compare it to previous reauthorizations of ESEA. Include the following in your paper:
- An overview of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA) and its subsequent reauthorizations. How did ESEA and its reauthorizations shape the priorities of American schools?
- A critique of the process of reauthorizing a federal education law. Are the intended student outcomes adequately considered during this process?
- A discussion of the accountability of states and local schools for student outcomes under ESSA. What are at least four priorities of ESSA regarding accountability for student outcomes?
- An analysis of the funding and resources in ESSA. How will these resources be used to support schools in implementing the accountability priorities discussed above?
- A contrast of the role of state and local education leaders for implementing ESSA versus previous reauthorizations of ESEA. What are the greatest differences in leader roles?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."