It is common for social workers to be presented with a crisis situation brought forth by clients, families, communities, and/or organizations. The ultimate goal is to restore the client to equilibrium. The five stages of the crisis are (1) the hazardous event, (2) the vulnerable stage, (3) the precipitating factor, (4) the state of active crisis, and (5) the reintegration or crisis resolution phase.
There are times when a social worker will use more than one theory to assist in conceptualizing the problem and intervention, particularly if the theories complement each other. For example, resiliency theory can be used alongside crisis theory.
To prepare: Review and focus on the same case study that you chose in Week 2.
Submit a 2-page case write-up that addresses the following:
- Map the client’s crisis using the five stages of the crisis.
- Describe the client’s assets and resources (in order to understand the client’s resilience).
- Describe how you, the social worker, will intervene to assist the client to reach the reintegration stage of the crisis. Be sure that the intervention promotes resiliency.
- Evaluate how using crisis theory and resiliency theory together help in working with a client.
Be sure to:
- Identify and correctly reference the case study you have chosen.
- Use literature to support your claims.
- Use APA formatting and style.
- Remember to double-space your paper.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."