Somatic Symptom Disorders Part II: Core Features and Treatment https://youtu.be/-F2ETlmyvXM
What is Illness Anxiety Disorder? https://youtu.be/6l9XwJGh2xg
This assignment is an analysis of a selected psychological disorder associated with somatic symptom and related disorders. The disorder you select this week will be used to complete the Week 4 assignment.
To successfully complete this writing assignment,
- Select a psychological disorder for comprehensive analysis from the following list:
- Illness anxiety disorder
- Somatic symptom disorder
- Conversion disorder
- Your selection of topic should be based on your personal or professional experience or your own academic or personal interest in the topic. Be sure to use current terminology from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM-5).
- To best set up your paper for this assignment, start with an outline of what you will include, based on the following requirements. The outline is NOT your assignment, but it helps to set up your paper for success to help identify all of the content areas and resources for your paper you will turn in. Use this outline to determine the appropriate APA headings to be applied to your paper. Do not upload an outline to Waypoint. To see APA guidelines for headings, visit APA Style Elements (Links to an external site.) in the Ashford Writing Center.
Include the following in your paper:
- Overview of the diagnosis
- Explanation of at least one theory of etiology (causes) of the disorder
- Explanation of the associated factors in development of the disorder (genetic, environmental, familial, lifestyle)
- An analysis of the treatment options for clients using appropriate terminology and citations
- Discussion of treatment options of the disorder
- Discussion of possible options to reduce frequency or severity of symptoms
- Evaluation of how this disorder affects the patient and those in their social community
**In keeping with the focus of this class, the emphasis of your paper should be on the pathological aspects of the disorder you select.
- Next, research your topic and obtain a minimum of two scholarly and/or peer-reviewed sources published within the last five years. These sources should provide evidence-based information regarding the psychological features of the disorder. Be sure to cite these sources accurately in your paper and include them on your references page according to APA
- You may utilize required or recommended course materials in your work, but these will not count toward the reference requirements; however, you may cite and reference the DSM-5 as one of your sources used for the grading credit.
- Write your assignment, supporting each of the required areas of evaluation.
- Suggestion: Complete your paper by the weekend to also take advantage of running a Paper Review (Links to an external site.) in the Ashford Writing Center to support your success.
- Access the rubric (Links to an external site.) to confirm all required components have been addressed.
The Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders paper
- Must be a minimum of five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must include APA headings.
- Must use at least two scholarly or peer-reviewed sources published within the last five years in addition to the course text or other course materials. You may also use required and recommended materials from the course, but these will not count towards the research component of your grade.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."