A foundational knowledge of the three tiers of cybersecurity provides an understanding of hashing and the basic principles of digital integrity within a system.
Complete the following:
- View the “Hashing Lab” video, located in the Class Resources.
- Provide screenshots of an MD5 hash, md5sum, SHA256 hash, sha256sum, and sha512sum.
Write a 250- to 500-word lab report and include a title page, table of contents, overview, and summary. Address the following in the summary:
- Provide examples of symmetric and asymmetric encryption.
- Explain why hashing or message digest is important.
- Describe what a collision is and how it affects hashing.
- Explain what the difference is between the differing levels of the hashing algorithms and why might you want to use one over the other.
- Explain PKI and describe what role cryptography plays in PLI. Identify some common uses for the technology and how it is important in keeping information secure.
please cite sources
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."