Module 05 Written Assignment – Suicide Precaution Policy
Module 05 Content
- Purpose of Assignment:
To demonstrate understanding of creating a therapeutic and safe environment for a suicidal client.
This assignment will use a word document to create a policy outline. Clearly identify sections of the policy based upon the listed expectations.
You are working on a newly opened observation unit in the hospital. Recently there has been an overflow of suicidal clients awaiting placement at the psychiatric facility. The staff recognizes there is not a fully developed policy on how to safely care for a suicidal client. Working together with case management and other staff nurses, you have been asked to create policy recommendations. Your recommendations should include:
- How to create a safe environment
- Considerations or actions needed when a client is admitted or discharged
- Considerations or actions during the client’s admission (length of stay)
- Identify allowable and restricted personal items for the client
- Expectations of client monitoring
- Describe the requirements of how the client is to be monitored, how often, and by whom.
- Nursing Considerations
- Expectations of nursing interactions when dealing with suicidal client
- Required documentation expectations
- Describe the roles of CNA, LPN, RN
- Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Logical, original and insightful
- Professional organization, style, and mechanics in APA format
- Submit document through Grammarly to correct errors before submission.
- Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below:
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."