Chapter 11 case 1
Goal: To analyze and apply critical thinking skills in the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of psychopharmacological agents for patient treatment and health promotion while applying evidence-based research.
Chapter 11, Case 1
Lotus is a 36-year-old Asian American female who recently started a new executive position with an advertising firm. While she loves her new job and the field of advertising, she admits that the new schedule is grueling and that she often doesn’t get home until quite late. She has noticed that it is difficult for her to relax before getting to bed and her mind often wanders to the many tasks she needs to complete when she returns to work in the morning. These “racing thoughts” result in significant initial insomnia, causing her to be alert for nearly an hour or more before she is able to fall asleep. When questioned about these symptoms, she claims that she has never seen a therapist before, doesn’t consider herself to be anxious or depressed, and has never had a problem with sleeping in the past. There are no worries of money or health-related issues, and she claims to enjoy her job and the people with whom she works. She even does not find these thoughts unpleasant, as she uses the time to plan her next day. She admits that they are just a bit intrusive and that she really needs to wind down and get more rest.Questions:Remember to answer these questions from your textbooks and clinical guidelines to create your evidence-based treatment plan. At all times, explain your answers.
- Summarize the clinical case.
- What is the DSM5 diagnosis? Identify the rationale for your diagnosis using the DSM5 diagnostic criteria.
- According to the clinical guidelines, which one pharmacological treatment is most appropriate to prescribe? Include the medication name, dose, frequency and rationale for this treatment.
- According to the clinical guidelines, which one non-pharmacological treatment would you prescribe? (exclude psychotherapy modalities) Include the risk and benefits of the chosen rationale for this treatment.
- Include an assessment of medication’s appropriateness, cost, effectiveness, safety, and potential for patient adherence.
- Use a local pharmacy to research the cost of the medication. Use great detail when answering questions 3-5.
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 3 academic sources.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."