Prepare a report to assess your personal health status and possible associated health risks.
Your report should include the following 6 parts:
- Please provide the information that is relevant to this assignment based on your physical characteristics and behavior. You will decide on a PA (Physical Activity) factor. Justify the number you chose based upon your level of physical activity.
- Calculate the individual energy requirements (EER) using the appropriate equation for the age and gender. Please refer to page 521 (Section 14.3) of your textbook (“What’s Your Estimated Energy Requirement?”) for further details and the calculation equations. Be sure to provide the appropriate equation, and list each of the variables (height, weight, age, and physical activity level). Convert weight and height into kilograms and meters. Show every step of your calculations!
- Calculate your BMI (body mass index) using one of the formulas provided on page 527 of the textbook (Section 14.5). You can also use “How To Determine BMI” on page 249 as a reference. Be sure to provide the equation you used, the variables, and show every step of your calculations! According to the 14.10 (“What’s Your BMI?”, page 528), what is your assessment of your BMI?
- Waist circumference measurement and assessment. Use a tape to measure your waist circumference at the level of the belly button. List your measurement. According to the information in your textbook concerning waist circumference and health risks (p. 526 in Section 14.4), provide an assessment of your waist circumference.
- Provide a brief summary of your family medical history. Include close family members (parents, brothers/sisters, children) as well as extended family members (grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins, etc.). Do any of the family members have diabetes? High blood pressure? Heart disease? High cholesterol levels? Cancer? Given your medical history and the results of your calculations of body weight and body fat distribution in the steps above, explain whether you are at risk for developing heart disease, cancer, and/or diabetes – either now or in the future.
- Consider the knowledge you have gained from this activity and from the readings of Chapter 14 and Chapter 15 on weight control. What is your assessment of your body weight? Do you believe you should lose/maintain/gain weight? And if so, how much weight should you lose/gain? Provide justification for your response.
NIH: Health Risks of Being Overweight (Links to an external site.)
MedlinePlus: Health Risks of Obesity (Links to an external site.)
WebMD: Health Risks Linked to Obesity (Links to an external site.)
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."